Saturday, November 13, 2010

E' Touffe

This is a tasty dish I was introduced to at the after-game parties. This is a Monsen favorite.

butter (1 stick per 2 lbs of meat)
1 onion
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 tsp. garic salt
cooked shrimp - I buy mine frozen and cooked
cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can RoTel
1 can tomato sauce
Tony's Creole seasoning to taste - This is what makes it spicy and flavorful. I believe I use about a tsp or two.

1 to 2 c. cooked rice

In large pot saute green/red bell peppers, onion, and garlic with butter. Go ahead and start your rice. Add meat and saute with mixture. Add COM soup, tomato sauce and rotel. Cook on medium heat until sauce is warm and semi thick. The color of the sauce should be a light orange. Serve over a bed of rice.

A word about the meat: The amount will vary depending on how thick you want yours to be. I usually use two chicken breast and a cup and a half of shrimp.
For the amount of meat that I put in I use the small cans of COM and rotel. The more meat you use the more of these two you will need to add.

From the recipe box of Valerie G.

No comments:

Post a Comment