Saturday, November 20, 2010

Amigo Pie

Brian and I made this on our 4th or 5th date.

Bottom

3/4 c. cornmeal
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. hot water
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1.5 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. diced ripe olives

Combine all dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl. In large mixing bowl melt butter in microwave. Add water. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add shredded cheddar cheese and olives. Put into greased 9X9 pan.

Topping:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onions
2/3 c. tomatoes
1/2 c. sliced ripe olives
1 Tbsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Brown ground beef in large frying pan. Drain grease and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes. Put topping on cornmeal mixture and stick in oven at 400 for 25 minutes. Top with cheese.

TIP: I like my cornmeal more done than this gets it so I typically put the cornmeal in for 10 minutes while I add the rest of the ingredients to the meat. By the time the meat is done I pull it back out and add topping.

From the recipe box of Jackie G.

No comments:

Post a Comment